Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default De-icing the car or van with an electric fire

On 11/12/2017 18:00, Bill Wright wrote:
It works rather well. I have the fire on the lowest setting (1kW) and
leave it on a board on the seat for 20 minutes. It's worth the fourpence.

Bill

I used to have a CX estate which filled with water, so there was
sometimes as much ice on the inside of the screen as the outside. I used
to have a little industrial fan heater (700 W iirc) and used to leave it
in the load area for up to half an hour. Still had to mop the inside of
the windows, but apart from that very effective indeed. I had a friend
with an ID19, and his wife used to drive ten miles into the Bristol city
centre in the mornings. One day she started off on a foggy morning with
very little visibility all the way to work. When she got out of the car,
she found all the fog was on the inside of the windows.