Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snow blades on ride-on mowers - do they work?

explained :
We've had a lot of snow so I'm wondering whether it's worth buying or making
a snow blade (and getting some chains or snow tyres) for the ride-on mower.
Has anyone here tried clearing snow with a mower?

I have a bit of drive to clear - it takes a couple of hours to clear by
hand with a snow shovel. I was thinking to make one, but decided that
for the rare time it does snow, where the amount would justify the the
time and cost, it just wouldn't make sense. Now I'm retired I can just
wait for it to melt anyway.