Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Super-glued finger

On 12/11/2017 5:01 AM, N_Cook wrote:
On 11/12/2017 09:51, Pimpom wrote:
On 12/11/2017 1:56 PM, N_Cook wrote:
First time for me, leak down the thread of the tube under the spout
plastic, one glued on index finger.
A loose loop of leather-work cotton thread around the affected area,
tied off.
Teased out cotton wool , wound around over the thread, doused with
acetone.
A matchstick in the loop , to Spanish Windlass.
Squash wool, wind a turn, repeat over some minutes until free

You don't really have to do anything if you accidentally glue a finger
with superglue. The skin constantly releases oil, sweat and dead cells.
The glue comes away along with these byproducts after some time.

Its not the glue bond itself that is the problem, but what you end up
glued to. Even a small tube glued transverse to a finger , makes that
whole hand pretty useless.
I'll leave a pack of latex gloves next to the jam jar containing
superglue tubes and pack of activated silica gel.

Uhh, is that what I need to do, pack an activated silica gel pack in a
bag with my super glue?

I use the Loctite container because of it's ease of application and
lifetime, but I have twisted off the nozzle after the glue glues it on.

I have a med that comes with two silca gel plastic containers, the
diameter of a dime and about 3/4" tall.
What's the best way to reactivate them, they're plastic housings.

Mikek