Phisherman

Default Help! Getting rid of basement bugs

On 25 Nov 2003 09:34:11 -0800, (Tom) wrote:

How can I keep bugs and toads from invading my basement? The basement
is an insect graveyard and a stomping ground for toads. There is
usually one or two toads feasting on the bugs and worse, the toads
leave droppings. Should I get the perimeter of the basement sprayed
for bugs or should I run the dehumidifier every 24 hours? The basement
walls and ceiling are finished but the floor is painted cement. I
don't think the basement is too damp, however, it is a basement and
sometimes it smells moldy. Even if it is too damp what can I do?

Check your gutters, downspouts, and grading for proper drainage.
Clean out debris and items around the foundation to help keep it dry.
Check for seepage or leaky pipes. A dehumifier and/or insecticide is
just treating the symptom, although it may help.