Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Wetherspoons phasing out steaks

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 10 December 2017 13:29:33 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 10/12/2017 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:50:13 +0000, ARW wrote:

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the
Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks
any more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if
someone ordered a 'snakebite'.

Probably some snowflake found the name offensive....

When I asked there were always two excuses, people get really drunk on
those and cause fights so we don't serve them, or it's a cocktail and we
don't have a license for cocktails. Cocktails are defined as two or more
mixed alcoholic drinks.

There is no such thing as a licence for selling cocktails. The Licence is
to serve alcohol. It's obviously a management decision, but put the blame
on to someone else. Usually it's the HSE who get the blame.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England