Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Replace boiler or repair - non-condensing

On 11/12/2017 10:29, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Shop boiler has turned up it's toes after almost 18 years abuse.
It's a valiant TurbomaxPlus 828E which has been kettling for a while and
now come up with F20 (overheat) code preceded earlier with by mechanical
bangs and crashes.

Thing is, it's never had any issues and runs at least 16 hours a day, 5
days a week from Autumn to Spring so I'm wondering whether to fix or
replace with a new-fangled condensor boiler which I know won't be as
maintenance free.

Just going to see if it's the pump that's gone. (never been replaced in
all this time) but what would be a suitable "commercial" alternative?

Update, Pup is spinning fine. Temperature from burner to pump inlet is
hot but nthing is flowing past the outlet of pump to heat exchanger.

Is there a chance the heat exchanger could be blocked?

Cheers
Pete