Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Super-glued finger

On 11/12/2017 7:26 PM, N_Cook wrote:
First time for me, leak down the thread of the tube under the spout
plastic, one glued on index finger.
A loose loop of leather-work cotton thread around the affected area,
tied off.
Teased out cotton wool , wound around over the thread, doused with acetone.
A matchstick in the loop , to Spanish Windlass.
Squash wool, wind a turn, repeat over some minutes until free

**That's part of the reason why I use this stuff:

http://www.loctite-consumer.com.au/e...powerflex.html

Specifically, the little bottle, with the squeezy things on the sides.
No leak, no fuss. And yes, I, too, have had those crappy tubes leak glue
onto my fingers. The giveaway is the warm feeling, from the exothermic
reaction between the glue and your skin.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au