Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3-D printer

If you are a 3-D cad type - should be a shoe in. If you are 2-D it is
a pain to gear up unless you are ready.

There are so many out there and I would suggest you get a small startup
version that works.

I have a 3-D with 3 heads (colors). Sounds right on. But the design
flaw is G-Forces are excessive with servo's the size of your fist.
Three in the head.

The company is large - and pro stuff good - this was a step down and
they only tested 2 head units in applications. That works. I'm going
to downgrade mine and take out the 3rd head and keep the parts for
spares, and see if it will fly with two like the factories.

I spent to much on it to find out the bad news. stumble before you walk
and walk before you run. The low end no-box and not fancy generally
function as expected. Buy what you see working in youtube or web video.

Martin

On 12/9/2017 9:08 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 04:22:28 -0500, Tom Gardner wrote:

I know nothing! Where is the place to start on 3-D printing? I called
some of my old friends in my old business and they said that they knew
nothing but had a whole bunch of projects that 3-D printing would
benefit. Things like simple representations of prototypes and such. I
need to make some parts for one of my wacky inventions. So, can I learn
enough and make a good purchase decision? I wouldn't mind having a
little desk-top business for a few clients that I know have a LOT of
money and do things by throwing it around.

I know nothing, either, so maybe start here?
Amazon.com: 3d printing handbook https://is.gd/bEXM6l

getting started 3d printing - YouTube https://is.gd/sPhJ30

Wow, 3D printing of brushes. Whoda thunk?

--
Silence is more musical than any song.
-- Christina Rossetti