Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a car repair should take?

Frank S wrote:
I was told that there is a manual auto repair shops look up to find the
number of shop hours they charge for a job.

It's published by Chilton's. It costs money. You can probably find it
at your local library if you have a good public library with a good set
of Chilton's. If you ask nicely, your mechanic might let you look at it.

To be fair, I'm told they all charge that many hours even if it doesn't
take that many hours.

Not everybody does. Some do. And then there is that car with the rust
problem where every job takes twice as long as the book says.
--scott