Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.windows7.general
Rene Lamontagne Rene Lamontagne is offline

Default Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a carrepair should take?

On 12/10/2017 1:44 PM, Ken wrote:
Frank S wrote:
I was told that there is a manual auto repair shops look up to find the
number of shop hours they charge for a job.

To be fair, I'm told they all charge that many hours even if it doesn't
take that many hours.

For example if three jobs are done, and even if they associate with each
other, they just add up the shop hours and then charge by the $200/hour
that the local shops all seem to charge for their shop rate.

Where can we car owners get that manual online?

You might try:
http://www.napaautocare.com/Estimato...r p_zc=72210#

Try Chilton manuals
, Used to be our source waybackwhen.