Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default OT. Snow down south

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:14:31 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/10/2017 06:33 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 12/9/2017 7:18 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/09/2017 02:52 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
rbowman posted for all of us...

Only kidding -- you can keep the snow as far as I'm concerned.

+1000 on that! If never snowed here again I would be fine. I can
understand
skiers would be unhappy. The roads are starting to refreeze here.

After my brother moved to the coast of California north of Santa
Barbara he said he thought he would really miss the seasons. Then he
realized it was less than a three hour drive if he wanted to go skiing.

Well, at least they have 2 seasons, nice and fires! When I lived in the
Chicago area, we used to kid about the 2 season thing: Winter and Road
Construction. And, even though my road has been cleared (western NC),
there is some re-freezing going on. I don't think that the plow guy
dropped any salt. Last night I had a terrible time going up the
mountain ... only about 500'. BTW, last year we had our share of fires,
but that was very unusual.

Vermont's claim is 'nine months of winter and three months of damn poor
sledding.' There's some truth to that. I've lived within a couple of
hundred miles of the Canadian border for most of my life but the year I
spent in Vermont was the longest winter of my life.

"I spent a year in Vermont one February"