Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Project fear continues on the Beeb

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 08/12/2017 10:49, Capitol wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 07/12/2017 12:19, Tim Streater wrote:
In article om,
"dennis@home" wrote:

Its a free trade area ...

It's a protectionist area, Den.

Its also a free trade area that we will be leaving and will then suffer
from any protectionist policies they make.
This will affect our exports to them adversely, but as we only export
44% of our exports to them it will only be a minor inconvenience having
lots of industry shut down.

More crystal ball unsubstantiated crap. Very little of our industry
is involved in EU trade.

No only about 44% of our export trade goes to the EU

And the bulk of that will continue, because even if tariffs
are imposed, the devaluation of the pound means it will
be cheaper for EUians to buy after Britain leaves the EU.