Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT. Snow down south

On 12/9/2017 4:47 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Cindy Hamilton posted for all of us...

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 8:43:37 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
http://www.nola.com/weather/index.ssf/2017/12/snow_louisiana_north_shore_nol.html#incart_std

Schools closing and all that. The most likely snow fall total
is about 2".

It's easy for us who are farther north to get a chuckle out of
this. But Nebraska
drivers go through the annual reeducation about driving on slick roads.
People here
should know how to drive on slick stuff. We don't have it all that
bad compared to
someplace like Buffalo, NY.

We had our first snowfall that stuck yesterday. A jillion
fender-benders demonstrated that people slide down the
learning curve during summer vacation.

Cindy Hamilton

Here in PA they don't remember from *X* days. Fill in your own number. Also
remember we get a new batch of novices every year.

Snow plow for our development just went by. Did not think we needed it
with just a few inches most of which did not stick to the road.

You find a lot of novices with AWD off in the ditches because they did
not realize that AWD does not mean you can stop better.