Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Trent Franks

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:50:36 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/9/2017 8:26 AM, micky wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.2ec56f0c041e

Lafferty said she was struck by what she called the hypocrisy of
Franks’s conduct: “Offering someone five million bucks is not a
discussion of surrogacy,” she said Friday. “Trent Franks says that he’s
a Christian and a conservative. I’m a Christian and conservative. What
he did offends me. It’s not Christian, and it’s not conservative.”

Franks, 60, said in his statement that he and his wife have long
struggled with infertility. After having twins with a surrogate, the
couple sought additional children, he said.

She seems to know exactly what is Christian and what isn't. I wonder h
ow she knows that.

“Offering someone five million bucks is not a discussion of surrogacy,”
Then what is it?

Who cares. For $5million I'd have his baby. Is the offer still open?

I'll check.

Is it all cash?

Ah, good question. I think most of it is in bitcoins. g

I thought the going price for a surrogate, the amount that goes to the
woman, was up to 50,000 dollars (plus medical expenses, of course.) and
that can really help someone through 2 or 3 years, but 5 million should
last a lifetime.

"He offered her $5 million if she would conceive a child, that’s what
she told,", so maybe he suggested she be the mother, maybe she was
good-looking, or tall, of something he liked. But I'm sure that could
be negotiated and he'd go get a donor egg. IIUC, those aren't hard to
find.***

Still, I can see turning it down, but I can't see complaining about it.
She was lucky he asked her. He could have asked everyone else first.

"Everyone knows the other's verse". That is, everyone can say what
verse** in the Bible the other guy is violating, but they usually don't
know which verse he himself is. **Though she doesn't say which verse
this violates. "Be fruitful and muliply"? That couldn't be it.

Wikipedia doesn't say how he got his money, and that's unusual for them.
The radio said he had lots.

***
https://www.google.com/search?q=dono...firefox-b-1-ab

https://www.eggdonoramerica.com/inte...EaApXtEALw_wcB
Fulfill Your Family's Dreams with Egg Donor America

Get free, instant access to over 1000 donors!

Egg Donor America is a leading egg donation agency specializing in
matching prospective parents with qualified and committed egg donors.
Our comprehensive donor database includes access to over 1,000 egg donor
candidates with standard information like physical characteristics
(height, eye color, hair color) plus unique information to help you get
a sense of the donor’s personality.

Welcome to our egg donor database.
We look forward to helping you find an appropriate and suitable
candidate.
Egg Donor Search
Our egg donor search will allow you to search by age, race, eye color
and other criteria. Once you have logged in, you will be able to save
donors for the next time you visit our site.

This is what they tell you:

1-25 (out of 220 records, because the only criterion I put in was blue
eyes)

Donor ID #: nnnnnn

Location: OR
Age: 21
Height: 5' 7"
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Experienced Donor: No
Education: Some College
Religion: Christian
Race: Caucasian
Ethnicity: Irish, Scottish, Norwegian, Welsh

They even have pictures and on the first page, the first two are
beautiful (remember, this is for the baby, not the father.) and one is
really cute. A few are not my type,and a couple have unusually shaped
faces that wouldn't be my first choice, although in practice, a lot of
girls who look not-so-hot in pictures look very good in person. Even
the ones I think are sort of bad-looking might look just like the rest
of the parents' families,and there's a lot to be said for that.

Despite the example I picked at random, several on the first page
graduated college, one has a graduate degree at 24.

One fertility clinic that does everything says "Our current cost for a
complete egg donation cycle is $26,000. This includes the donor's fee of
$7,000 and $400 for short term medical insurance for the donor. The cost
of donor egg IVF varies greatly at different IVF centers. Some clinics
charge over $30,000 without medications for a single donor cycle."

$7000, 26,000, a drop in the bucket compared to 5 mil.