Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default 3-D printer

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 7:44:11 AM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 04:22:28 -0500
Tom Gardner wrote:

I know nothing! Where is the place to start on 3-D printing? I called
some of my old friends in my old business and they said that they knew
nothing but had a whole bunch of projects that 3-D printing would
benefit. Things like simple representations of prototypes and such. I
need to make some parts for one of my wacky inventions. So, can I learn
enough and make a good purchase decision? I wouldn't mind having a
little desk-top business for a few clients that I know have a LOT of
money and do things by throwing it around.

The Cleveland Library has a 3D printer and a few other goodies too:
https://cpl.org/subjectscollections/...al/makerspace/

You're probably paying for it so why not check it out

Some dealers starting out in the the industry may actually qualify for government subsidies.