Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Kitchen lights

What is actually wrong with the lights?
If you can repair them them they should not give shadows and the right
colour temp tubes can be appealing. However one could also fit some other
more moody lights elsewhere when you want the more intimate look.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
We currently have 4 x double tube 4" fluorescent light fittings (which no
longer work) in our kitchen. When they worked, they gave a lot of light,
which is great for seeing what you're doing whilst cooking. Not so good
later on when sitting down to eat in the kitchen.

It's time to change them for something more modern. I think what ideally
we need is:

1. A reasonably diffuse light source, to avoid sharp shadows.
2. Dimmable.
3. Ideally, able to change light temperature.
4. Look nice - quite frankly most things will be an improvement.

Can anyone suggest anything suitable, please?