Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Remember when TV used advertising for their profit?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:44:14 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to Seymore4Head, Iggy wrote:
More the point. Remember when you only bought Cable to avoid watching ads? Now
(for the last 20-years), you pay to watch more ads than actual content. I
don't pay, I do Over-The-Air and rarely watch TV anymore, it's just not worth
the constant annoyance. 5-minutes OR MORE of ads for 5-minutes of show,
ridiculous and a demand for boycotting.

I no longer have the patience for ads, so if something is on OTA that I
want to watch, I record it and watch something else that was recorded
earlier. Then I FF thorugh the commercials.