Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Bad smell from washing machine

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 12:54:39 +0000, Adam Funk
wrote:

(I thought copper was more antibacterial than antifungal,
TBH.)

Dunno about antibacterial, but copper salts are widely used in
horticulture as a fungicide. A copper strip along the ridge of your
roof is also said to stop moss growing. The OP can but try it.

To the OP: If it were my problem, I'd remove the detergent drawer and
spray it and the slot it fits in liberally with HG Mould Spray. It's
obviously bleach-based from the smell, but there must be a persistent
fungicide in there as well, as it's effective for much longer than
simple bleach when applied to patches of black mould on cold walls and
in the bathroom. http://ebay.eu/2BdQdBl

No need to do that with the detergent drawer. Take it out, stick it in a
bucket of water with a blast of bleach and washing up liquid and leave
overnight. It comes up gleaming.