Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 9:52:13 AM UTC-5, harry newton wrote:
He who is trader_4 said on Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:42:12 -0800 (PST):

It's basic physics.

Basic physics is that the holding force of tires on any surface is proportional to the weight upon those tires, ie FWD has better traction and it's not limited to only when you're in 6"+ of snow.

If you're trying to imply that FWD has better "handling" in all conditions
*other* than when crawling along in deep snow, then we're just done.

Not at all. I'm just replying to your claim that FWD only offers
better traction when snow is 6"+ deep. Because of the increased
weight on the drive wheels, FWD had better traction in all conditions.
I agree that RWD offers some
handling benefits. It's the reason some performance oriented manufacturers,
eg MB, BMW, stuck with it instead of moving to FWD when most of the
other manufacturers did. It's like I said earlier and I think Clare
said similar, that the vast majority of drivers in everyday conditions
won't notice it, make use of it, etc. I see it easily, comparing my
MB that spins the rear wheels easily on any slick surface, vs FWD
cars that hold traction. If you want to push the limits of handling,
on a track, the MB cars would do better. In everyday driving though,
people don't see it.