Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Snow down south

On 12/08/2017 07:12 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 12/8/2017 8:43 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
http://www.nola.com/weather/index.ssf/2017/12/snow_louisiana_north_shore_nol.html#incart_std

Schools closing and all that. The most likely snow fall total
is about 2".

It's easy for us who are farther north to get a chuckle out of
this. But Nebraska
drivers go through the annual reeducation about driving on slick
roads. People here
should know how to drive on slick stuff. We don't have it all that
bad compared to
someplace like Buffalo, NY.

I'm in western NC and we have about 3" and it's still falling. I'm sure
the schools are closed. BTW, school closings are usually because the
school buses can't get out. But here in the mountains it's dangerous
going downhill and impossible going uphill with a little snowy ice. In
my case, the county road, which is plowed and salted when there is snow,
is only about 1/8 mile from my house. But it is almost impossible to
get there. That's why we usually leave out car just outside the
subdivision if we know we have to get somewhere. From my driveway to
the subdivision entrance, only about 500', is very steep.

I'm in Montana. Where's our snow? Skiing on dry ground and rocks is a pita.

Only kidding -- you can keep the snow as far as I'm concerned.