Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Bad smell from washing machine

On 2017-12-06, tabbypurr wrote:

Wipe around the soap dispensing area with bleach. Put it in the
drawer if the machine is bleach compatible, not all are. A monthly
boiling hot wash really helps, alternately with a tb of citric acid
or washing soda. If not bleachable, doses of some other bleach
killer down the chute would help. Also clean the folds of the door
rubber, that tends to build up lots of mould.

Just remembered the bit about the "boiling hot wash". I don't think
that will have much effect on the detergent drawer & it's slot, since
the water is heated up after it goes through there.

On my machine steam comes out of the drawer. YMMV.

Now that you mention it, I think one of our previous washer-dryers did
that. I mainly do laundry overnight, but I'm pretty sure the current
one doesn't.