Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default How to dispose of your tools, and books, when no one you know well wants them.

replying to micky, Iggy wrote:
Nope, no written contract, just a verbal understanding. And yes, they wanted
everything. Unbeknownst to me, they very commonly do House Clean-Outs as they
call them. In my case, I could consign everything and they'd pay me quite
possibly more after everything had finally sold off or I could take their
somewhat meager "Buy It Now" amount.

If you consign, they'll actually list everything out and give their best
estimate of value, which is what they expect to get at auction. Basically, if
it ain't Limited Edition or Antique, it ain't worth much at all, as I
confirmed on E-bay with most of the furniture.

I'm pretty kind to my stuff and nothing was far from mint. But still, it's a
shame to see a bunch of real wood things that served flawlessly for decades be
of no more value to today's people than used Ikea garbage. My stuff served me
well or had just been dumped on me, so gone was all I really cared about.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1152444-.htm