Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Does anyone make a crossover to be used on an INPUT?

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:34:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Either way, I know that 1100 watts rms is more than enough for a home
stereo...

I can make my ears bleed with Maggie speakers and a 200-watt amp in the one system, and AR speakers and also a 200 watt amp in another.

The difference between 200A and 1,100A is only a bit over 5dB anyway, so the question becomes "why"? And unless you enjoy flaming drivers, what sort of speakers are capable of handling that level of power for any sustained period of time? Sure, transients are a bitch, but a reasonable power-supply at 200 watts will handle them as well as 1,000+ amp.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA