Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default How to dispose of your tools, and books, when no one you know well wants them.

replying to micky, Iggy wrote:
Goodwill, Salvation Army, Green Drop/Red Cross, etcetera. They all take a
myriad of things and not just clothes, large and heavy items they'll even
remove from wherever they stand or sit. I almost completely cleared out my
house with a local Auctioneer.

The Auctioneer gave me a $1000, came with a moving and truck and all of the
crap hand-me-downs and accumulated always-in-the-way junk was gone in a couple
of hours...beat-up metal lockers, extension ladders, antique and mass
production furniture, pictures, mirrors, glass dining table, old particleboard
kitchen cabinets and even an old Mercedes.

Absolutely Wonderful and I ain't old-old. The family was pitiful and only took
a dinette set, a couple of side tables and some lamps. Almost couldn't tell
they had run-through at all. 3 of their kids finally moving out had me
thinking my prayers had been answered, but nope.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...o-1152444-.htm