Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Bad smell from washing machine

In article ,
writes
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 20:18:13 UTC, JoeJoe wrote:

We have a 4 year old Samsung washing machine (Eco Bubble Quiet Drive
WF0804W8E I think it is called). It has been used every couple of days
or so since new without any problem.
When we came back from a 2 week holiday away in October I noticed quite
a bad mouldy smell coming from its direction. I removed the dispenser
tray and found that behind its housing was mouldy and black. I cleaned
the area as best as I could and then ran the machine on max temperature
on empty. I also cleaner the filter.
Unfortunately the smell is still there and it seems to come from inside
the hole into which the detergent and conditioner are fed into the
machine. I hope that makes sense, but I put a couple of photos here just
in case:
http://tinypic.com/r/10gwoit/9
http://tinypic.com/r/ilhhyo/9

(note that the black marks in the photos have been thoroughly scraped
and would simply not go away).

Any idea what do do to resolve this?

I think that it came with 5 year warranty, so I can try that, but am
hoping that it is something simple€¦

Wipe around the soap dispensing area with bleach. Put it in the drawer
if the machine is bleach compatible, not all are. A monthly boiling hot
wash really helps, alternately with a tb of citric acid or washing
soda. If not bleachable, doses of some other bleach killer down the
chute would help. Also clean the folds of the door rubber, that tends
to build up lots of mould.

I plan to experiment with fitting copper wire in the soap drawer, see
if that prevents its growth.

NT

And continue thereafter to clean it a regular intervals as per
manufacturers recommendations. I don't think the OP would have much joy
with a warranty claim!! Also take out and clean the filter by the pump.
--
bert