Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default How to dispose of your tools, and books, when no one you knowwell wants them.

On 12/7/2017 4:09 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 2:18:31 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
For people expecting to die who have heirs for their money, but no one
in their family or friends who wants their books or their tools or
their office supplies**, what do you plan to do? .. In my case, partly
because most of the people I know are old and my niblings don't live
nearby and are two generations younger than I am with different
interests.

**Don't knock office supplies. My desk is full of good things. How
many of you have a point stick? It's like a yard stick but it's a foot
long and marked in points (1 point, as well as 6 points, as well as
inches and millimeters. I had to go to a printing supply company on
the south side to find that, and even the man there had a bit of trouble
finding it (though it is now for sale online.)

Actually, I do. But we called it a "pica pole". I also
have a circular "slide rule" for calculating percentages
when you want to scale up/down a photograph so it will
fit in the space on the page.

I frankly don't know what I'll do with my husband's tools
should he predecease me.

Cindy Hamilton

You know what us husbands say.
Don't sell our guns or tools for what we told you we paid for them.