Rick Hughes

Default Alarm Bell Box wiring

Hope someone can help ...

My existing alarm panel (A1 Alarms RF8000) has failed, now bought a

complete replacement RESPONSE RE 3000, I want to use my existing Bellbox,
and not have to install the box which came with the kit .... my house has
been sold and I will be moving out.

To avoid having to replace the bell box, I would like to wire in the

new RESPONSE RE3000 to use the RF8000 bell

box.

However I am confused as to what I connect to what.

The A1 alarm used 6 cores to the bell box :

Colour alarm panel id Bellbox id

Green - 0 -

White - RT Return

Black - Bell - sw -

Red - Bell + +

Blue - Strobe - Strobe

Yellow - Strobe + Strobe

The RESPONSE only uses 4 wires ..

Red - Siren

Black - COM

Yellow - Charge

Blue - Tamper

There are 5 other unused connections - NO, C, NC, Power -, Power +

Anybody know how to connect the existing A1 alarm box up to the

Response

Rick