View Single Post
  #27   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat

On 12/7/2017 3:55 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:13:37 PM UTC-5, condo owner wrote:
For "Manual Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set to "Heat" (not "Cool" or "Off"); the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" (not "On") and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Off" (not "Set" or "Run"). (That's how I have the switches set).

For "Programmed Operation", the manual says the MODE switch should be set to "Heat", the FAN switch should be set to "Auto" and the PROGRAM switch should be set to "Run".

In both instances, the "Desired Set" temperature is set at 82° but the furnace shuts off when the "Current Room" temperature reaches only 76°?

================================================== =======================

The failure to reach the "Desired Set" temperature has existed since the installation of the programmable thermostat several years ago.

If everything else works normally, then it sounds like the thermostat either is designed with a Max temp of 76 or it's defective. 76 sounds low for a design limit, but with the hippies trying to save the environment, who knows. I think some of these have a mechanical safety in them to prevent unsafe high temp and maybe that part is defective, triggering too low.

You should be able to get to 82 this time of year as it is not all that
cold yet. I'd take it out and get one of the old style round Honeywell
and set it where you want it.