Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers indecades)

On 12/7/2017 12:27 AM, harry newton wrote:

In California, where I live, when you go to Tahoe, you use the HIGHWAY.
It's on the HIGHWAY that the cops force 2WD vehicles to put on chains.

The whole point of using chains is that you're going SLOWLY in deep snow.
Same as the ONLY TIME that FWD handles better than RWD.

Since I've goneback to dedicated
snows, I've not had a situation where having chains would have been
any advantager (and I'm in "snow country")

I lived for 40 years in snow country and we did just fine without chains,
but that's how they do things out here in California.

Chains were the way to go years ago but not so much in many places
today. They clear the roads quickly and you'd be bumping along on your
chains in very little snow. Where I live in CT, close to MA, minutes
after the snow stops you can easily drive most anywhere. Exceptions are
a big snowfall, like 18" or more.

Chains limit you to about 25 mph, a detriment when it is clear enough
for 50+.