Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Think you have seen it all with nails and nail guns?

On 12/7/2017 12:08 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

BTY just took a break from Kim and I making another 30 lbs. of sausage. ;~)

Alright! Finishing up some of the last batch we made here, some with Kathy and some with friends. Tried a bunch of other recipes a few months ago, and still like the ones we started with the best.

Yeah! Kim added to make the spices stronger this time and feel it is
much better. And we went with a coarse grind. We mistakenly used the
finer grind the first time and the sausage was more like hot dog
consistency. 20 lbs.of breakfast sausage and 10 lbs. of Italian.
About 3-4 hours to make and package.

Since this is tamale season pork will be $1 a pound (or close) soon. That means pork butts for the pit and a lot more sausage. I made some more link sausage last time and it was good, but not epic. When I hit on a really good recipe I will send it on. I will be trying to con my beer making buddy into doing the sausage making at his house so we can drink beer and smoke cigars (he has a small outdoor kitchen) all day while making/smoking the next batch.

We picked up 3, 10 lb. pork shoulders for .99 per pound.

An awful way to spend a day, no doubt.

We were done by about 1:30 in the afternoon. I think my fingers got
frost bite. ;~)

Just thinking about it... 30# of sausage is a helluva lot of sausage! Did you finish off your last batch, or are you prepping for gifts?

We had about 3, 10 oz. packs left, we did give a few away over the past
few months.

Leon