Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Think you have seen it all with nails and nail guns?

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

BTY just took a break from Kim and I making another 30 lbs. of sausage. ;~)

Alright! Finishing up some of the last batch we made here, some with Kathy and some with friends. Tried a bunch of other recipes a few months ago, and still like the ones we started with the best.

Since this is tamale season pork will be $1 a pound (or close) soon. That means pork butts for the pit and a lot more sausage. I made some more link sausage last time and it was good, but not epic. When I hit on a really good recipe I will send it on. I will be trying to con my beer making buddy into doing the sausage making at his house so we can drink beer and smoke cigars (he has a small outdoor kitchen) all day while making/smoking the next batch.

An awful way to spend a day, no doubt.

Just thinking about it... 30# of sausage is a helluva lot of sausage! Did you finish off your last batch, or are you prepping for gifts?

Robert