Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Bad smell from washing machine

On 06/12/2017 20:18, JoeJoe wrote:
We have a 4 year old Samsung washing machine (Eco Bubble Quiet Drive
WF0804W8E I think it is called). It has been used every couple of days
or so since new without any problem.
When we came back from a 2 week holiday away in October I noticed quite
a bad mouldy smell coming from its direction. I removed the dispenser
tray and found that behind its housing was mouldy and black. I cleaned
the area as best as I could and then ran the machine on max temperature
on empty. I also cleaner the filter.
Unfortunately the smell is still there and it seems to come from inside
the hole into which the detergent and conditioner are fed into the
machine. I hope that makes sense, but I put a couple of photos here just
in case:
http://tinypic.com/r/10gwoit/9
http://tinypic.com/r/ilhhyo/9

(note that the black marks in the photos have been thoroughly scraped
and would simply not go away).

Any idea what do do to resolve this?

I think that it came with 5 year warranty, so I can try that, but am
hoping that it is something simple€¦

You could go over to the capsules!