Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Garrett Dave Garrett is offline

Default Downloading the NEC electrical code book

In article ,
says...

Awhile back, I found a PDF copy of the NEC electrical code book on the
web. I think the link was from a post on this newsgroup or another one
that has the topic of electric/electronic.

The file was the 2011 NEC and was about 10.9mega bytes in size.
The way I understand it, these are copyrighted, even though they are
obsolete. However I was just using it as a reference for home use and
I am not in business. Actually, if I was in business, I'd want the
current edition, but just for looking up stuff like how many wires are
allowed in a 3/4" conduit, or how many amps a 10ga wire can support,
this book was fine, and quite useful.

Unfortunately I had a hard drive fail, and this is one file that I had
not yet backed up, so it's gone.

I googled for it and cant find it. I think it was sort of a private
listing.

Anyone know where to doanload this file again?

Since I'm sure someone is going to make comments about copyright
infringement, I am not doing this intentionally. I could buy the book
for little money on ebay or amazon, since it's obsolete, but I much
prefer having in on my computer. Book are easy to misplace and not as
easy to search. I much prefer the computer version over a book.

The filename was "National Electrical Code 2011.pdf"
10,884 kb in size.

I believe you can view (but not download) the current NEC at the NFPA's
website, but you have to register for a free account.

The 2011 edition is available in various formats at the Internet
Archive:

https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode

--
Dave