Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Good old Bliar.

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Really? Mr Green didn't seem to share your view. Countless examples of
companies trying to offload their pension liabilities by fair or foul.

The EU could have set up a pension fund, like any other sensible
institution does.

Perhaps you could persuade our own government to do this first - before
worrying about the EU?

The UK is a single entity, and no country within the UK can walk away
without a vote by the UK Parliament. Parliament can stipulate any terms
of independence such as local liability.

Thus it is perfectly OK that UK taxpayers pay public service pensions
since they aren't funded - but you expect the EU to somehow do it
differently?

However, invoking Article 50 has no associated liability, nor a
mechanism to create a liability. If we leave without agreement, we
simply leave.

Why do you think differently?

Going to be fun trying to enter negotiations for a deal with other
countries after leaving the EU if we walk away from our debts.
Have you any other death wishes?

There are no debts.
--
bert