Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default Remove mono lever cartridge from vertically mounted tap

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 11:26:12 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
larkim wrote:
A few photos. Think the sleeve is actually copper on closer inspection!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rfiCQvQx88f2dTiy1

Hope the link works!

I think you need to descale that before going any further. Maybe you could
fix a plastic bag around it and fill it with descaler? I think what you
need to do would be a lot clearer then.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Maybe.

I've got a pair of strap wrenches coming so that I can try to twist the sections in opposite directions without scratching or damaging anything

Worth a try at least. It all cleaned up a bit more with some WD40 but
descaling isnt out of the question.

End game may well be leaving it all in situ as it only drips when turned to cold so rather than knacker it completely I can live with it. It has been dripping for about 8 years now...