Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Think you have seen it all with nails and nail guns?

On 12/6/2017 10:29 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9:46:10 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Think again.

Wooden nail guns.

https://www.beck-lignoloc.com/en

Just can't see how that would work. What would keep the "nail" heads from popping off? I can't see how the nail itself would be strong enough to countersink it, which is a large reason we use air nailers.

How careful would you have to be with "nail" storage to keep them at the right humidity so they didn't swell? What happens when you hit a knot... does the nail break off so you have a stub sticking up requiring sanding? When the gun doesn't set the nail flush, can you pound in the wooden nail in, or more important, can you drive it in without breaking the head?

To me, this looks like a solution to a non existent problem.

Robert

HEY! I'm just the messenger. LOL

BUT I think this is a finish nail type application. With wood I think
that they think that no counter sink is necessary.

I think this could look good for laying down decking and or for a rustic
finish.