CBHvac

Default Copper pipe for Natural gas?

"Henry B." wrote in message
news:mUdwb.13750$yM6.3257@lakeread06...
Further info (and thanks to all for the advice)This particular HD has a

lot
of retired ex-plumbers and electricians working there so I feel a bit of
confidence with them.I should have mentioned that this burner is 75 K BTU
and WILL handle large volume boils

--
Hank

So...did any of those HD genuis' run you a gas diametertic? Did they tell
you how large the pipe HAD to be and how large is too large? Did they figure
a volume for you to need? Primary and secondary regs? Pressure of the
system? Total BTU delivery?

I didnt think so.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, that takes the advice off the top of ANYONES
head, that does not have the proper information in front of them, charts and
all, and uses that information that was incorrectly given to them in regards
to fuel piping, is a total and complete idiot.

One more thought...retired plumbers eh? Plumbers dont run gas here where I
am at. Only licenced and insured pipefitters and HVAC contractors may
legally run gas line. Code has probably changed since they
retired...therefore, your best advice is to find a licenced person currently
working with the current code books and get the information from THEM, not
some ex-plumber that could not make it in the real world and had to start
taking a check from HD to make it.
There is a reason that a plumber, or any other tradesman is working at HD
and not out there doing what they are supposed to be doing...working in the
trade..and normally, it means they were not good enough to survive on their
skills.