Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default B&D 18 volt batteries

On 12/5/2017 12:05 PM, MOP CAP wrote:
I have looked on ebay and amazon for these. There is a plethora of
choices and confusing.
Has anyone had experience with any suppliers?
Thanks,
CP

Keep a watch at Ace Hardware.
They had the drill with battery for $30 and half off that around BF.
'tis the season for tool battery deals.

Batteries are a crap shoot. Aftermarket batteries seem to get good
initial reviews, then later, lots of complaints that they don't last long.
Can't trust the 'shill' reviews.
I decided to stick with real vendor batteries on sale at local
retailers.

I also retired all my old B&D crap and craftsman crap and skill crap
and the box of dead batteries and the box of chargers and and
and and switched to Ryobi lithium. They're transitioning to
brushless and having some good deals on packages of brushed motor tools.
And Ryobi shows up a lot at garage sales and thrift stores for dirt
cheap. If you use tools for business, may want to go with a better
brand, but for homeowner use, they're fine.

I really like the ability to swap batteries between generations
of tools. And lithium has the great advantage that it's not dead
every time you want to use it. NiCd self discharge is a bitch
for tools you don't use every day.