Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 200A service panel replacement

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 17:10:51 -0500, wrote:

Any thoughts on the quote and these protectors?

It depends on where you are. If you are in a blue (union) state, that
is probably about right.

Really ? How does that work in your blue states ?
It's the opposite in my world - residential service upgrades are the
bread & butter of small electrical contractors - never unionized.
The unionized trades are working on the commercial & industrial
jobs and for the utilities.
John T.

I'm in a "blue" state. Illinois. Blue county too. Cook. Same as Chicago.
When I lived in Chicago, I had my service replaced. It was not a union electrical company.
It was about $500, but that was in '84 or '85. It was 100 amp.
I live just outside Chicago now, and I had the service replaced. Again non-union.
I paid $1200 for a 100 amp service, plus a 220v run for new central air. And a new pipe
through the roof.
But that was in 1998.
Check around for young hungry guys.