TURTLE

Default Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

"volts500" wrote in message

"HvacTech2" wrote in message

Hi volts500, hope you are having a nice day

On 23-Nov-03 At About 19:00:41, volts500 wrote to volts500
Subject: Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

v From: "volts500"

v wrote in message
v ...
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:15:02 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

v Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school, son. Classic
v motor start symptoms and you gotta make like it's a some kinda trade
v secret.

v "Fan turns effortlessly"...bearings? locked rotor? NOT! Motor

getting
v power? Well, it's humming. Gee Wally, do you 'pose we should check
v the cap?

This doesn't necessarily mean it is the cap. I think you need more

schooling
if you think that could be the only cause. I have seen many motors that

had
these symptoms and it was simply a bad motor. ( winding ) I have also

seen
bad relay contacts sending a reduced voltage cause the same symptoms.

Did I not mention 2 other possiblities in my other post? What kind of

crappy
newsreader/server do you have that you didn't see my first post? So far

we
have:

1...possible bad cap.
2...possible bad start winding.
3...possible bad centrifugal switch.
4...possible bad relay contacts.
5...shaft is turning freely.

OK, we're down to 95 out of 100. Good thing we started with the _most_
likely problems first, eh?

This is Turtle.

I'm still waiting on the listing of the other 998 possibilitys.

TURTLE