Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bnwelch@gmail.com is offline

Default Ok that hardwood vs softwood thing

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:31:08 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 2:44:08 PM UTC-5, Markem wrote:
So a conifer is a softwood, deciduous tree is a hardwood, what the
heck is a decidous conifer, besides being a bald cypress.

Just one of those thing that crop up this time of year as the drifts
of bald cypress leaves (needles?) fill the yard.

as well as a Dawn Redwood, recently planted in my front yard by the local arborist club (with my approval, of course)...

This might help...or serve to confuse:

https://www.thespruce.com/what-are-d...nifers-3269799