Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default HEPA filter

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Yeah, he's pretty much maxed-out for any furnace. HEPA's a tighter weave, so
from its start it's worse than a many years old completely filled
filter...maybe an exaggeration, but not far off. There's no HEPA option, the
fan motor might have to be twice the horsepower to pull the air through the
filter and of course it only gets tougher as it fills. I'm not sold on the
electronic filters, I had one and it was surprisingly good and cheap but I'm
not sure I can believe it zaps the air as clean as a top performer
paper/fabric filter.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1152089-.htm