Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Final tale on new Trex deck

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 15:19:05 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Oren posted for all of us...

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:10:26 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 11/30/2017 3:58 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:32:54 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Someone was saying that the high tax states do not have any better
services than the low tax states.* The high tax states have too many
state employees, higher state pensions and benefits.

Maybe it is different there, but we pay taxes on our property as
assessed by the town. All that money goes to the town and pays for town
services.

You can have millions of state employees and it does not affect real
estate taxes. It may affect state income of state sales taxes.

In my county I can appeal any property tax increase. There is a
process.

My home footprint did not change when we built a deck cover over the
patio pad. As a Veteran, I actually get reductions on my property tax
and/or DMV taxes. I use most on the cars so the rest is credited to
the property tax.

... fighting government when they let me

Good for you. I fight and complain too. I see a lot of government
waste up front in the state and county. When my father died several
years ago the state was going to escheat his estate out of $19 and I
worked to get it putting in more time than it was worth but it is the
principal of the thing.

I don't follow the notion that "you can't fight city hall." What fun
would that be. The fun fights are when the feds come at you. They
still teach classes about me BTDT

Just don't lie to the FBI, ask Flynn. I find this kind of nebulous myself.
They can lie to you but...

Bah. Washington sent two clowns from the Inspector Generals Office
from Phoenix to Vegas. They called and said they wanted to come to my
house for an interview.

That ain't gonna happen. Catch me at work. I made them come back, on
the job months later.

I spanked them boys and sent them on their way after they told me
"have a nice retirement".

Checks are still coming