Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_23_] Muggles[_23_] is offline

Default Why do you celebrate Christmas

On 12/2/2017 1:34 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/02/2017 10:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/2/2017 5:48 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:40:30 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 12/1/2017 3:45 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 23:10:40 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

yepÂ* pretty much! hahaÂ*Â* I don't like the German language ... how it
sounds.Â* It doesn't matter that I have German blood in me, either!
Other
languages aren't so harsh sounding to my ears.

--
Maggie

The only German word I know, is the word "****". I like that word, and
it's not harsh sounding.....

The German word would be Scheiße.

No, that's "****".Â* I believe the word you're looking for is "ficken".

Cindy Hamilton

hmmÂ* I used Google translate to give me the Scheiße translation.Â* Maybe,
there are multiple German words for the same English word.

don't go to Germany and try to use Google Translate. Scheiße is ****,
pure and simple.Â* The problem is '****' in English is protean.

'****!' in English is more likely to be Scheiße.
'I'd like to **** that bimbo!'Â* would use the verb ficken.
''**** you!' you might be 'Leck mich im Arsch!' depending on the region.
That would back translate to 'Kiss my ass!'

Mozart wrote a canon titled 'Leck mich im Arsch!' and the phrase goes
back to Götz von Berlichingen or at least von Goethe's play about him.

The story is von Berlichingen's castle was under siege by the Imperial
army and when the captain of the army demanded his surrender he said
something like 'I have all respect for the Imperial Majesty but you can
kiss my ass."

There was a Götz von Berlichingen Waffen-SS division that was
colloquially known as the LMAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t08JAevwfck

Rammstein using the verb correctly in 'Ich will ficken'

smile That's probably more than I will ever need to know about the
translation for the "F" word! LOL

--
Maggie