Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default spot welding 1/8 steel?

I don't have much experience spot welding. I am looking at an assembly
that is made from 3 laminated pieces of 1/8" mild steel. Since I
designed the assembly I can choose the fastening method and was
wondering if the parts could be reasonably spot welded together. The
assembly process would be to first weld two parts together and then
weld the last part to the now 1/4" thick assembly. I am also
considering blind rivets and screws. But spot welding would obviate
any drilling or tapping. And I was thinking someone here would have
the practical experience to let me know if this scheme of mine is
practical.
Thanks,
Eric