Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window well below grade - how extend?

On 11/20/17 7:14 AM, Var wrote:
replying to phelps, Var wrote:
Don't know what the length of the arc of your window well is, but what I
did
for raising mine about 4 to six inches taller was to get a length of
garden/lawn edging and attach it to the window well -- on the outside --
with
self-tapping screws and silicone the inside edge where they meet. If I
had to
raise it more, I would buy a large plastic trash can and cut it to get a
band
of hard plastic the depth I needed and do the same. 10 inches might be too
much dirt for plastic to hold back, but six would be no problem.

I wonder if a basement egress well would solve the problem.