Henry B.

Default Copper pipe for Natural gas?

I salvaged a hot water heater burner which I attchewd to a strong metal
stand as a NG burner for boiling outdoors in which I will connect it up to
the gas line which I have on the back porch.The fitting on the gas line of
the burner is a flanged end with a nut above it as in a compression fitting
but it is NOT a compression fitting.The local HD plumbing guy is fairly
knowledgeable and he suggested that I may have to remove this fitting and
try a compression fitting but he did not have one that he was sure would
work..I'm wondering if I could just sweat on some Cu pipe since it will not
be constantly filled with Ng,only when I use it.

--
Hank