Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Dog shoots man in the back after accidentally stepping on trigger

In article ,
says...

A pheasant hunter was shot repeatedly and wounded by a dog when it
accidentally stepped on the trigger in the US.

William Rancourt was shot in the back when one of the dogs on his
hunting trip stepped on a shotgun trigger guard and the gun fired.

"in the last five years this was the third time a dog had stepped on a
gun and discharged it in the area."

Seems that there are a lot of Americans who haven't a clue with gun safety.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...MP=ILC-refresh

That dog story sounds fishy to me. Even if the dumb hunter did not have
the safety on the gun, who would leave a gun on the ground and walk 20
years away from it ?

Would not surprise me if one of the hunters shot him and they are
blaming the dog.