Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:37:38 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 30/11/2017 13:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 12:03:15 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

I've ordered a couple of electronic power controllers to experiment
with my own rads [1]. The aim is to limit the power to that that they
can actually dissipate as they are only going to be used to provide
'background' heating in the bedroom and I'd rather not hear either of
the stats clicking in and out all night. ;-)

If you don't mind being dirty about it you could do what the electric
blanket people do with a diode in the supply to halve output on low.

I had considered that previously and even putting two heaters in the
room with each on one / different half cycle. ;-)

I am thinking of doing it to my office cooling fan but it wasn't warm
enough this summer. It has settings called low, medium and high.

Even on "low" it moves sheets of paper off my desk several metres away.
The settings are more accurately gale, strong gale and hurricane.

;-)

Cheers, T i m