Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking

On 11/30/2017 6:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/30/17 5:27 PM, Leon wrote:
So it is that time of year and I finally got the urge to work in the
shop again.Â* Again building boxes for Christmas gifts.

I have been sitting on a small chunk of walnut forever and decided to
resaw into veneers and book match for 3 of the box tops.

With first coat of varnish.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

For the other 8 boxes I am using a short chunk of that heavily figured
white oak that I bought last year.Â* Again I resawed into veneers out
of a 22" long piece.

With first coat of varnish.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

And all of the sides/top and bottom pieces.Â* Once the boxes are glued
up I will cut the top from the bottom.

With first coat of varnish on the inside sides.Â* Yes I will be using
Domino's to align the corners.Â* You can see the mortises.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

You suck with your giant drill press..... and sander.... and other
sander.Â*Â* :-p

I got the DP for Mothers Day several years ago. ;~) Other sander?